A Dozen Secrets to Enjoy Drinking More Water
Did you know that the average adult body contains 50 to 60% water (your brain is 75% water by weight)?
For optimal brain and body function, and to help your body detoxify, you need to replenish eight to 12 glasses daily.
Many people like to drink with their meals. Don’t because it dilutes digestive juices and makes digestion inefficient. Wait at least 30 minutes after your meal before you start another drink.
Here’s a tip to help you lose weight or cleanse – drink a large glass of water 20 minutes before your meal to help fill you up.
While water is the only drink we really need, if you find it a struggle to drink enough, below are suggestions to make water more interesting, tasty and nutritious.
1. Squeeze juice of Aï¿½ lemon into a large glass of purified water. Drink hot or cold first thing in the morning to alkalize your body, which makes it inhospitable for most diseases.
2. Crush 7 or 8 fresh mint or fresh lemonbalm leaves, or slice a fresh lemon, lime, orange or cucumber and stir into a jug of room temperature water. Cover and let ‘steep’ at least 1 hour, or overnight. Pour flavored water into glass over ice. Add 1-2 fresh mint leaves and enjoy!
3. Drink herbal teas – hot or cold. Try chamomile, peppermint, or lemonbalm – not green tea, which has caffeine. Place 1 to 2 tsp dried herb (triple the amount of fresh herb) per cup of tea into a tea strainer. Add just-boiled water. Steep at least 10 minutes and enjoy!
4. For variety during hot weather, sweeten water with a little juice of your choice and freeze into small ice cubes. Place ice cubes in a glass and use a spoon to serve yourself to let the ice melt in your mouth.
4. Change the type of water you drink. Reverse osmosis water is tastier and much better for you than the chemical-laden water that comes from most city faucets.
5. Install a water filtration/purification system to your faucet to remove 99% of sediment, chemicals and other impurities and make your water and herbal teas taste better. A good system will remove chlorine, bromine, chemical disinfectants, pharmaceuticals, perchlorate, industrial solvents, pesticides, herbicides and improve the taste of tap water.
6. Carry water in a water bottle with you wherever you go. If you don’t like plastic, find a sturdy decorative, or antique glass bottle and use a wine cork as a stopper. I use a glass bottle with a stopper that looks like a plastic water bottle – I got it at an art gallery gift shop. I’ve also seen them in the gift section of a large bookstore chain.
7. When you’re sitting at a desk or on the couch, have a glass of water or a water bottle with you. Put a glass of water at your side at all times, including your bedside, and sip regularly from it.
8. Make it a habit to fill up your water glass or bottle when it’s empty.
9. Use your Outlook calendar or have a digital clock or watch that beeps at the top of each hour. The beep is your reminder to drink a glass of water. You’ll get most of the water you need during the course of an 8-hour work day.
10. Eat foods that have a high water content such as watermelon (92 percent water) which can be juiced or eaten as a snack. Tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, apples and oranges have high water content and are healthy low-calorie snacks.
11. To alkalize, and improve the taste of water (or a less expensive bottle of wine), add a few drops of ‘IsaWater’ from Isagenix.
12. Add Isagenix Want More Energy natural electrolyte powder to room temperature water. Stir well. Add ice. Can also be made into a ‘slushie’ in your bullet-type blender.…